Tuesday, 28 February 2012

20 Fenchurch Street and Heatherwick

20 Fenchurch Street

The building that is to be dubbed the Walkie Talkie has increased the areas of the upper floor mainly for commercial value. This gives the building a interesting shape and emphasises the fact that increasing upper floors will become common as future cities evolve. This may become so exaggerated at some stage that buildings may join towering over the roads below.

I know Heatherwick Studios have used the idea of large upper floors to reduce buildings footprints and increase garden areas below. If anyone has any other examples of TOP HEAVY please comment and let me know!!!! The question here is whether 20 Fenchurch street should have taken more of the qualities in the Heatherwick design of the top heavy building.


3 comments:

Jacquie Townsend said...

Hi Paul,

I work on the communications team at Heatherwick Studio.Please could you give me a call urgently about the use of this image.

Best,

Jacquie


Heatherwick Studio
356 – 364 Gray’s Inn Road
London
WC1X 8BH
Telephone: +44 (0)20 7833 8800
Facsimile: +44 (0)20 7833 8400
www.heatherwick.com

Paulcolfer said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Paulcolfer said...

Jacquie,

This small blog is a tool to record my own research through out my MSc year. Any image I use has already been published on the internet so I presume I do not expose myself to copyright infringement. I was under the impression that as long as I referenced the image, which I did, it could be reposted.

The image has been removed but I would be much obliged you could send an alternative image that is not potentially in breach of copyright.

Kind regards,

Paul C